Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion Review

Posted by Stephine on Monday, June 6, 2011. Filed under:

I've had this lotion since I got pregnant.. my mom ran out to buy it for me almost the second I told her, haha. That was.. a long time ago. I was 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant when I found out and I think I got it around 5-6 weeks. I didn't put it on because well.. I'm lazy when it comes to stuff like that and it just seemed like a hassle. Besides, it's lotion.. who cares?

Well, my recently itchy, 20 weeks pregnant belly cares! The past few days I've been putting it on morning and night.. and any time in between I get itchy. It really helps relieve the itch. 

Before I even start, the one con I want to mention is the smell. it's not horrible and most of it fades after it soaks into your skin. You're not going to smell it afterwards unless you smell your belly.. and if you're pregnant that's nearly impossible, haha.



Be careful if you're allergic to Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, etc.. and they don't test on animals which is always a plus :)

I put about half a pump on my arm (I normally use a full pump for my belly button down and another pump for above that and then my boobs) and I rubbed that in for about 10-15 seconds.

This is the part I love about this product. It's a very thick lotion. After rubbing that spot in for 10-15 seconds, that whole bunch right there went all over my arm because it took me a minute to rub it all in. When I put it on my belly, I like to let it soak in for a few minutes before pulling my shirt down because you will get a wet feeling. This lotion is very heavy, but that's what I love about it.

Even after hours of wear (and sweating, THE HEAT!) you can still feel the moisture on your skin from the lotion, so I have no doubt that it's going to help (I can't say prevent, I have no prior use and I'm not sure they are preventable, but you can try) from getting stretch marks on my ever growing belly. 

I'm just now getting to the point to where my belly is really tight unless I'm laying down because baby boy is growing like a weed. This really helps with the itching and it helps give my skin some relief since it hydrates your skin and makes it more 'elastic' while your little one grows :)


No Responses to Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion Review

Leave a Reply