New Prenatals

Posted by Stephine on Thursday, June 30, 2011. Filed under:

(I just blogged yesterday, check out our diaper stash!)

We had a night run out to Walmart and just got back a few minutes ago. Daddy's check came in and he got himself 2 games for his XBOX360. I think it's the only thing he's got himself since he started working and it's the only thing he'll be able to get for awhile so I wasn't saying no, haha.

I went to pick up more vitamins because I'm almost out of the ones I'm currently taking. I wanted to post like a mini first impressions in case some girls are like me. I was taking Flintstone Completes (my doctor did approve these) because I was scared prenatals would give me morning sickness. Now that I'm past that point, I seen the bottle with a big, giant "PRENATALS" printed on it right beside those vitamins and looked at the dosages.

The Vitamin & Price Comparisons:


Vitamin A 3000 IU
Vitamin C 60mg
Vitamin D 400 IU
Vitamin E 30 IU
Thiamin (B1) 1.5mg
Riboflavin (B2) 1.7mg
Niacin 15mg
Vitamin B6 2mg
Folic Acid 400mcg
Vitamin B12 6mcg
Calcium 100mg
Iron 18mg
Zinc 12mg
------------------
Vitamin A 4000 IU
Vitamin C 120mg
Vitamin D 400 IU
Vitamin E 30 IU
Thiamin (B1) 1.8mg
Riboflavin (B2) 1.7mg
Niacin 20mg
Vitamin B6 2.6mg
Folic Acid 800mcg
Vitamin B12 8mcg
Calcium 200mg
Iron 28mg
Zinc 25mg


Now that I look at the few extras in the Flintstones like copper and sodium (and a few others) it looks mainly like they're just fillers.. Plus, they're $6 and some change for 60 pills. The Spring Valley Prenatals (which if I'm correct is a good, name brand that many people take of different types of vitamins) are $8.00 (a mere $1.60ish more than the Flintstones) for 240 pills. That's 8 months worth, which gives me 6 months more of healthier vitamins for another $1.60!

So alone, Folic Acid and Iron being doubled, plus a lot of the other needed vitamins, I'm excited to start taking these. I'll feel better knowing I'm giving my little monster even more vitamins to grow. And I believe these will help me produce milk better since it says for pregnant/lactating women. Any info you have if you've taken these, let me know!

My exciting share for the day :) I think I'm officially a mommy blogger, haha.

No Responses to New Prenatals

Leave a Reply