Breastfeeding & Pumping Schedule

Posted by Stephine on Tuesday, May 31, 2011. Filed under:


If you're a breastfeeding mommy (nothing wrong if you aren't!), what's your breastfeeding schedule if you're feeding straight from the boob and pumping. I'm only buying the 'no confusion' bottles, but I do want to pump to 1) make it easier on me 2) so boyfriend can feed baby as well. So I'll be pumping and freezing or just pumping and him feeding when I'm not feeding baby myself and I want to know the best way to do that. I don't want to pump too much, confuse baby, or not pump enough.

1 Response to Breastfeeding & Pumping Schedule

  1. andrea.nicole

    I really hope you have better luck than me with breastfeeding! I can't believe how hard it is! But I'm sure you can do it :)

    In the hospital they had me do 15 mins on both boobs every 2 hours....but I had a BIG baby so we had to supplement with formula (1 oz after he breastfed) They said I'd need to pump as well in order to make enough for him but we didn't end up doing that.

    My pedi said that as long as you breastfeed before bottle feeding they shouldn't get used to the bottle or anything. They just have to think boob=food. I only breastfed for 3 days so thats all the advice I can give. Good Luck!!!

Leave a Reply